This is the part where I'm expected to treat this day like every other day. This is the part where I'm expected to smile. This is the part where I'm expected to just go on with the usual routine. The Friday routine.
I woke up light headed. It's like I've taken two pain killers last night. The moment I remembered where I was, my bed, what day is today, Friday, and what's for life today, I suddenly felt the urge to sleep again. They say that you'll know true happiness exists in your world when you want to be awake more than to sleep. In my case, I want to slumber until the year ends.
When I woke up again, for the sixth time, I decided to go to work. Everything seems so mundane, yet everything today seems memorable. I feel the tiniest details embed in my memory. A compartment truck carrying an advertisement wrapped in it that says "Goodbye GT3"; it's an ad for a new set of tires I guess. Even the weather seems remarkable. The right amount of clouds that permits the sunlight to pass through it, touching my bare skin as I pick some clothes in the clothes line. Traffic's building up in the highway caused by the new train project. Everything that happens, happens so slow. I pick up the head phones and the music starts to accompany this one particular Friday.
Halfway Home - Jason Mraz
I used to walk along the opposite side of the road and made
others get out of my way
We used to walk along together. On the way to moments I can't seem to forget.
I used to think I could sit and wait for the times
but they wont come until I meet them halfway
How can I live through times when memories seem to creep on me.
I'm halfway home and I'm on my own I am on my own
I'm halfway there and I don't care, I don't mind I mind, I mind
I plan to leave here after supper time but I can't let you see
that's when traffic is light, all I need is a sign
and I'll be alright. I'll be fine
I'll be fine.
I used to think that i could just sleep and then I'd dream
And everything it would come to me
Sleeping is better than each waking moment apart from you.
Until I woke one day without anything to eat
Lying on the opposite side of the street
I miss you.
I'm halfway home and I'm still out on my own
I'm halfway there and I don't care, I don't mind
Because it ain't my time to stay or say'
I'll never lay down.
I have no choice but to be okay.
I used to think that I could just sit and wait for the time
But I know I gotta meet them halfway
I must be okay.
I'm halfway home I tried home running with the flow
I won't let you down.
I'm halfway there. Ain't it funny how everybody seems to care
I planned to get there around supper time their serving up bread
and wine
All I needed was a sign and I'll be allright.
I'll be fine.
I'll be fine.
Everything about today is remarkable. Everything memorable. I never thought I'd be able to fall in love like this. I never thought there's even falling out of love. And I'm not thinking still. I'm not even considering. There's something about today that makes me want to stop time. To freeze every waking moment today. It's like dying. Every second we live is another second we die. But to live life is the very reason of living. And today, I decide to live for life. To preserve memories as much as I can.
There's something about today that made me freeze time. I just realized that everyday is a possibility to leave. And everyday is a possibility to come back as well.
As much as I want to hold on, I'm letting you go.
I love love you still. Until when, that will never have an answer, and should never be a question.
Friday, December 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment