Pages

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Trigger Happy Cyberspace Syndrome

So here's the thing.

Mate: Do you have a website?
Me: Actually I do. (Who doesn't?)
Mate: Link?
ME: Er...links actually.

It's becoming an uprising issue in my cyberspace life. The long list of websites I desperately manage. Stress on *desperately*. So I may have overshot a little bit on the creative department, but the thing is I constantly defend the reasons behind why I put these in the first place. It's becoming more stressful than actually updating it.

This is not plugging.

On second thought, why not?

The first,of course, would be my blogger accounts:

The Secret Life of An Ex-Chocoholic

This is my personal blog. Unedited random thoughts of mine. This is also my first blog and therefore contains a lot of my juvenile accounts. When multiply.com was born, I evidently thought of leaving this, hence some blog posts missing, but then again, nothing like the original. I found my loyalty still leaning to this, so earlier this year, I relaunched this. And surprisingly found it more appealing than ever.

Neighborhood Listener

This is supposed to be my literary outlet for those super crazy horror stories I happen to pick up in my everyday life. But I somehow find it hard to write since most of the time my creative juices are gushing during night time, and I don't have enough will power or shear guts to play the scenes in my mind. So I'm stuck w. the prologue. I'm not in anyway giving this up.

Next would have to be my business sites:

The Yellow Bakehouse

I started this business late August last year. I am a baker ever since I can remember, plus, my friends keep on egging me to start this baking gig so here. It was on a roll for about a couple of months but I have to stop since I noticed the increasing health problems due to lack of sleep and stress as this was in parallel w. the caregiving course that I took. So I let this go in order to give way for my other vocation. Planning to do a relaunch, but plans could really change having in mind my pending application to a company. If it pushes through I'd be starting on a new job last week of April this year.

Urbanidad

Running only through viral marketing, this little business of ours, (together w. my sister and her partner, and a number of suppliers) is still up and running and selling up to now. We're continually polishing and will do a relaunch anytime soon.

The L.E.A.F. Society

The Leaf Society is a poetry group I founded two years ago, and was launched only last year. The details of the group and members are on the site if you're interested. And please be. I am planning to start this season and continue this movement I envisioned it to be. The country (and the world) needs more poets to empower humankind.

My Online Folio

Everything work related goes here. I do my best to update this every now and then but it's really unorganized having only the photos page to rely on the categorizing. I'm thinking to switching to another website for this, if not my own url page, I think something like coroflot.com will do .

My Triond Account

Triond is a very helpful site for bloggers and artists who want to earn. You just submit your article or media, have it approved and they will publish your content. They pay you by number of page view and ad clicks. (refer to this) I keep both my literary and artistic entries in this site, and at the same time, earn! Nice.

And of course, my social networking sites:

Facebook

Although my pages are viewable and searchable by everyone, I try to limit contacts to a minimum, of which I only add people I really know, people I got to meet somewhere, friends of friends, childhood acquaintances and previous classmates. Strangers are not necessarily unwelcome but I try to be vigilant and sensitive upon approving friend requests. At least try to be nice. Or come up with your own picture. Or give me a heads up where you stumbled upon one of my plentiful websites. I am a very sociable and translucent person, but I'm not careless and promiscuous (most of the time) and I like keeping a good amount of privacy.

Plurk

This I found v. entertaining. I get to post statuses for my facebook and twitter accounts through plurk. And it's real time makes it more cooler. It's like having chat conferences all at the same time, w. different topics per thread. Micro-blogging is the new chat.

Twitter

This actually proved more useful than I have imagined. I was kind of a late bloomer for twitter and yet when I decided to join I was like "thank God for this" and started clicking on links of the those I follow. Instant information. My couch potato days are over thanks to this site.

Formspring.me

Very simple. Anyone can ask an anonymous questions and you can decide whether to answer it or not. I'm not v. excited with the "follow" feature though.

Lastly of course my multiply account:

The Secret Life of An Ex-Chocoholic

Here is the mother ship of all my entries combined. I sync my blogs from my blogger account here, my albums from facebook, my pieces from my online folio, my published articles from triond and I get to keep a wide range of contacts, where a personal relationship is not a requisite. What I mean to say is anybody could be a potential business contact, a supplier or a buyer.

So this is my cyber life. This is a large part of my daily routine, and of course an income generating source for the most part.

The question now is: Will I make a tumblr account?

No comments: