Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2007



Where in the World did I Go?

Well, literally, I'm just here, in the same old neigborhood doin' the same old stuff. But in terms of writing, I went way past pluto and back before I got into it again. Tella, one of two writing gurus that I have, Che being the other one, said that while I am in such a long long long writer's block, she on the other hand can't get off the writing bug. She said it's like an outlet for her, things she couldn't say she write. There you go! I was so transparent that I can tell anyone anything that I can think of. That's why I can't seem to write anything. Or or... maybe... I'm just too lazy to.

It's not laziness that sends me away from writing when I am already in front of the keyboard waiting for my fingers to tap into it with words that will slowly form on the screen, you see, there is nothing I want to write! I love to write but there, when I'm with a pen and paper or my laptop, I can't find anything to write about. It's like I've been trapped in some kind of a writing cell, my being candid and spontaneous all of a sudden stopped and I can't seem to think of anything.

But alas! (Like in those short stories we read during our high school days) I got back my groove for writing. And all of a sudden, all these crazy spontaneous thoughts came rushing back to my head. It's like Niagra of candid thoughts in my brain all filled with thoughts linking to love, life and chocolate. Oh yes, that too!

I just knew I had to write. It's not like an obligation for me, a job I have to do or even a hobby. Writing for me is such a natural phenomenon like birth, orgasm or that some feeling you have when you know you have to get that last bar of Cadbury. The sound of the keyboard when I tap on those keys or the humming of the pen when you write on a rough sheet of paper, it's like music to my ears, fuel to my brain that keeps on telling words to my head from my heart. I know I just have to write.

No comments: